Why would you maintain your sailing gear?
With the right maintenance, your sailing gear will last longer, better for you and the planet! That is why we recommend that you service your sailing gear at least once a year. For example, before you store away your sailing suit at the end of your sailing season.
Our sustainable maintenance service
We start the service with a check-up of your sailing suit on the following points;
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR)
- Taping the seams (if visible)
- Smooth-running zippers
- Condition of the outer shell (fabric and stitching)
- Damage such as tears in the clothing
If we come across any issue during this check-up that is not covered by our regular service, we will contact you immediately to discuss the follow-up.
During regular service, we perform the following maintenance;
- A wash on real green electricity from the Netherlands
- Re-impregnate if necessary
- Drying before (re)activating the DWR
- Lubricate the zippers with organic beeswax
We only use the eco-friendly maintenance products from OrganoTex to wash and impregnate the sailing clothing.
How does our sailing clothing maintenance service work?
- Order your maintenance service
- Send your nohaca sailing clothes
- We carry out the service
- And send the sailing gear back within 2 weeks*
A regular service is for 1 sailing jacket and 1 sailing pair of trousers combined. Multiple sailing suits? Order multiple services. After ordering the maintenance service you will receive a pre-paid shipping label via e-mail. The return shipment of your clothing is included in the service.
*assuming normal service